You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

Voting

Votes: 0

Why do market makers claim that they accept scalpers?

Page: 1
Jul 25, 2013 09:30 am
PamLeg User

I want to know why do market makers claim that they accept scalpers?

I've fallen in this trap before and I get offened when I read that " you can scalp" but then when you read the terms and conditions, you understand that they limit your order with levels or time limits...

How can you scalp if you are forced to leave an order open for 5 mnutes or the price must change at least 5 pips before you can close...that's not scalping!!! That is forcing you to lose profitability in yoru trade.

Are they relying on uneducated traders to come and try and lose their money? I really don't understand...

[angry]

Aug 06, 2013 11:28 am
ironical User

It is true for some brokers who try every method to attract customers. Only a few customers read terms and conditions and thus fall right into the trap.

But regulated and renowned brokers, usually, dont do such things.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Aug 06, 2013 01:16 pm
megrawab Hostedslavebeta

Who are these brokers then?

Some brokers are both Market Makers and ECN at the same time. It depends on your trading account and can be eaisly distinguished (most of the times not always) by minimum deposit.

I am a hosted slave beta.

Aug 21, 2013 12:39 pm
PamLeg User

Originally posted by megrawab

Who are these brokers then?

Some brokers are both Market Makers and ECN at the same time. It depends on your trading account and can be eaisly distinguished (most of the times not always) by minimum deposit.

megrawab how can it be that a Broker is market maker and run an ECN model? It's the most ridiculous concpt and internal conflict of interest I can imagine.

It's like the dietiian selling candy and chocolate cakes - it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If their interest is for me to lose, how can I trust that my profit making strategy is not "messed with"???

Aug 22, 2013 01:10 pm
megrawab Hostedslavebeta

Originally posted by PamLeg

megrawab how can it be that a Broker is market maker and run an ECN model? It's the most ridiculous concpt and internal conflict of interest I can imagine.

It's like the dietiian selling candy and chocolate cakes - it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If their interest is for me to lose, how can I trust that my profit making strategy is not "messed with"???

Hi!

As I said it depends on your type of account. Try searching hybrid execution model.

Or before you start you ask them first via live chat.

I think this should have been on General discussion..

[grin][aww][aww]

I am a hosted slave beta.

Aug 22, 2013 06:22 pm
Champ User

I cant remember exactly but I think it was FXCM where I read that they offer different types of accounts. One type of account was where if trader looses, they make profit. They have disclosed it very clearly that if a trader continuously makes profit then they will automatically convert his account type so that this profitability doesnt affect FXCM anymore.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Mar 23, 2015 09:11 pm

I think it’s only to do with wanting clients to join their service which I believe is really bad because if any company is able to make a client join with wrong promises then they will never have the company last too long as the reputation will get hit badly. I trade only with OctaFX broker since apart from been one of the most trustworthy company they also have best cTrader platform where we never get any manipulation since this platform is especially designed that way.

May 27, 2015 04:44 pm
PatSymcox User

Originally posted by GlennTrimble

I think it’s only to do with wanting clients to join their service which I believe is really bad because if any company is able to make a client join with wrong promises then they will never have the company last too long as the reputation will get hit badly. I trade only with OctaFX broker since apart from been one of the most trustworthy company they also have best cTrader platform where we never get any manipulation since this platform is especially designed that way.

Frankly speaking a good broker is one which accepts all type of traders whether it’s scalpers or long term trades and I also believe that we need to be sure about selecting a broker with good and smooth conditions because that’s what going to be the difference maker between a successful trader and a failure.

I am also working with OctaFX broker and their service is just brilliant which allows me to do whatever I want, it’s great for doing long term trading or even short term and it’s not just acting support but providing real support with their master piece offers which includes 50% bonus on deposit, it’s also available to be used in margin levels and lastly their smooth platform make it really worthy.

Aug 30, 2015 01:10 pm

Originally posted by PatSymcox

Originally posted by GlennTrimble

Frankly speaking a good broker is one which accepts all type of traders whether it’s scalpers or long term trades and I also believe that we need to be sure about selecting a broker with good and smooth conditions because that’s what going to be the difference maker between a successful trader and a failure.

I am also working with OctaFX broker and their service is just brilliant which allows me to do whatever I want, it’s great for doing long term trading or even short term and it’s not just acting support but providing real support with their master piece offers which includes 50% bonus on deposit, it’s also available to be used in margin levels and lastly their smooth platform make it really worthy.

I don’t know much about market markers, it is only because I have never traded with them and my main purpose of trading is to work with a ECN company where I am able to do scalping without any trouble and I don’t believe in trusting brokers with just saying instead I like it more with one who has proven it.

That is where OctaFX broker is so powerful for all like you said, it has proven everything with their track record in which they have achieved 11 awards in just 4 years and more crucially have even won the award for best ECN broker, so that’s why I love it so much to do scalping with them, it has allowed me to be successful.

Page: 1