You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

A question on EA

Page: 1 2 >
Jun 04, 2011 05:19 pm
illiterate User

Envois: 561
Membre depuis: 21/04/2011

Normally EAs say that they are for trading some specific pairs only. Do EAs only trade specific pairs? Or some EAs can work for all pairs too?

https://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=medium&c=1&s=25892&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Jun 08, 2011 05:12 pm
ironical User

Envois: 734
Membre depuis: 22/04/2011

EAs use statistical data. I think that most of the EAs have the ability to perform on any pair. But recommended pairs are only most traded pairs, especially Majors. There are some EAs, available commercially, that restrict the pairs to 1 or 2.

I hope you understand that why some EAs say that it is best to use them with specific pairs.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Jun 10, 2011 02:33 pm
Champ User

Envois: 711
Membre depuis: 17/05/2011

Ironical's point is correct. I will explain it a bit further. You r normally given a chart settings manual with an EA. Time settings are also given. Some EAs work with 1 h settings, some with 15 mint etc. So if a currency pair is not traded much, it will obviously have not much trading data during that time period. It will effect the working of an EA. So EAs are made in accordance with the trading popularity of the pairs.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Jun 13, 2011 03:15 pm
illiterate User

mmm. The basic purpose of EAs is profit making. So if EAs are designed to work with some pairs based on their trading volume, there is no objection as long as they make good profit.

Nowadays account management and signal services are becoming increasingly popular. People prefer to use account management and signal following. Most of the EAs available in market are either a complete failure or produce very low profits. Who would waste time and money to search a reliable EA. Websites like fxstat are already giving us autotrading services. It is better to use them instead of searching for an EA.

https://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=medium&c=1&s=25892&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Jun 17, 2011 03:45 pm

Envois: 939

I think commecrially available EAs do not even know about how EAs work. They just know how to sell a thing which is known as product. So based on their words, you cannot say that an EA can only work for 1 or 2 pairs. You can optimize an EA according to your needs and currency.

Stick to your rules

Jun 22, 2011 03:44 pm
Sasha User

Envois: 836
Membre depuis: 16/05/2011

I think this is a strategy of EA companies to attract people by saying "Best for Eur/usd" etc. Forex traders think that this company might have spent all resources for 1 pair and this EA will work best than other EAs that work for multiple pairs. So I think this is just a marketing strategy. Otherwise an EA work on statistical basis and can work for any currency with a little bit changes in settings.

Jul 30, 2011 01:08 pm
Jogi User

Envois: 685
Membre depuis: 06/06/2011

Originally posted by Sasha
I think this is a strategy of EA companies to attract people by saying "Best for Eur/usd" etc. Forex traders think that this company might have spent all resources for 1 pair and this EA will work best than other EAs that work for multiple pairs. So I think this is just a marketing strategy. Otherwise an EA work on statistical basis and can work for any currency with a little bit changes in settings.

If you talk about Some fake companies with excellent marketing strategies then your r right. There are many EA makers who have developed EAs to work on specific pairs and they perform very well. You can see on different forex forums about such people with their trading history. I think EAs are normally made to work on specific pairs. Because each pair has its own liquidity level.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=wide&c=1&s=26883&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Jul 31, 2011 12:07 pm
illiterate User

Originally posted by Jogi
If you talk about Some fake companies with excellent marketing strategies then your r right. There are many EA makers who have developed EAs to work on specific pairs and they perform very well. You can see on different forex forums about such people with their trading history. I think EAs are normally made to work on specific pairs. Because each pair has its own liquidity level.

hmmm. I have to agree with your logics. In my previous post I also mentioned that liquidity levels are a big factor in trading. Because high liquidity levels mean fast trending.

Jul 31, 2011 05:25 pm
Richde User

Envois: 114
Membre depuis: 11/01/2011

I have to disagree with you guys. That's true that every pair has its own preferences, but their liquidity makes no difference because it always depends on the BROKER.

Illiterate, High liquidity levels has nothing to do with trending not even fast trending. Trending is a fully another topic.

As you know by Liquidity we mean about the spreads, and how fast you can execute positions.

Keep it simple stupid

Jul 31, 2011 06:21 pm

Envois: 939

mmm... In my opinion liquidity of a pair highly effects the trend. Liquidity and spreads are related in another way.

For example if a pair or a commodity is highly liquid, its trade volume will obviously be high. High volume trading will effect the trend. So even low timeframe charts will show upwards and downwards trend. Whereas less liquid pairs or commodities cannot show fast upward and downward movements.

That is normally seen in forex trading.

Stick to your rules

Aug 03, 2011 03:42 pm
illiterate User

Originally posted by Richde
I have to disagree with you guys. That's true that every pair has its own preferences, but their liquidity makes no difference because it always depends on the BROKER.

Illiterate, High liquidity levels has nothing to do with trending not even fast trending. Trending is a fully another topic.

As you know by Liquidity we mean about the spreads, and how fast you can execute positions.

Richde has a point. Liquidity is related to broker. But can you please explain how it is not related to trending. Maybe I am taking liquidity in another context or maybe you r thinking in another way.

Page: 1 2 >