You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

Price Action Strategy

صفحه: 1
Apr 17, 2014 09:55 am
Sasha User

ارسالها: 836
تاریخ عضویت: 16/05/2011

This strategy will be one of the simplest strategies you have ever studied BUT adopting it might be not be an easy task. So before you adopt it, you may need to practice it on a demo first.

Here are the rules

1- Do NOT use any indicator.
2- Start with short timeframe (i.e 30 min or even lower) because you will find more trade opportunities at lower timeframe.
3- Zoom out chart.
4- Look at historical patterns using candlestick chart.
5- Look for long tail candles as shown in image. 
6- Enter immediately after candle closes leaving a long tail. SL will be the price at end of tail.
7- There will be no TP. As soon as you see another opportunity enter again even if this opportunity is in opposite direction
8- Use trailing SL once price goes significantly above entry price else keep entering trades where ever you find opportunities. In this way you wont need any trailing SL because you will have already hedged most of the positions.

That is all. There can be some points that I missed so you are free to ask anything and I will answer it. 

Attachements:

Apr 24, 2014 08:17 am
Jogi User

ارسالها: 685
تاریخ عضویت: 06/06/2011

If there is no TP, how would u end up winning? Only a rare number would go significantly up or down and all other trades will end in loss. There must be a target TP.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=wide&c=1&s=26883&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Apr 30, 2014 08:37 am
Champ User

ارسالها: 711
تاریخ عضویت: 17/05/2011

I have seen similar long tail strategies and they look really good on past data. But when we try to implement on live account, there are so many tails that we cannot really implement it effectively. It is not for beginners. It requires a lot of practice in order to filter false tails. 

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Jun 15, 2017 11:11 pm

ارسالها: 72
تاریخ عضویت: 14/02/2015

I never try to find short cuts, as I believe there is no real hope in it. I feel its far better and beneficial that we don’t use any random system instead we should try working out things on our own. This is exactly what I do with help of OctaFX broker and with their magnificent set of features that counts for tidy spreads, fast execution, rebate scheme where we get back up to 50% and much more, it’s all amazing in helping us out.

صفحه: 1