You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

H1 / H4 simple trading method

Page: 1
Aug 19, 2011 09:36 am

Here's a very simple and easy method for E/U H1 and/or H4 if you can stay on top of it.
It will probably work on other trendy pairs.

I've been testing it and am going to demo on a basket of pairs next week.

One year manual testing H1/H4 E/U (averaged) with a 4 pip spread (conservative)
Profit factor 2.04
66% profitable
Avg. profit 2.87
Avg. loss 2.72

1 Indicator: CCI 50, zero crossover. 
You could also use the Awesome Oscillator or a MACD histo zero crossover and achieve pretty similar results.
When CCI crosses above zero buy at the close of the bar.
When, at the end of a subsequent bar you have a profit, no matter how small, close the trade and take it.
Opposite for sells.
Stop and reverse when appropriate even if it means a loss.
NOW.. here's the "loss recovery" part.
This method works very well but you're going to get whipped sometimes and incur losses.
You will need to keep track of your highest equity point.
Please don't ask me how to do that.
If you don't understand go to BabyPips or figure it out, this is Forex 101 stuff.
If you've had some losses, just keep going and watch the close of each bar until you have met or exceeded your previous highest equity point. Eventually it will come when you hit a good trend. Take your profit and exit. Wait for the next signal.
That's it. 
NO STOPS! REPEAT: NO STOPS! Just an exit when the CCI turns unless you've already taken your profit. 

If you have an EA to close your trade at a set equity point it's a good idea, I would even recommend after a losing streak to close your trade after you hit breakeven.

Shouldn't be difficult to code an EA but it's beyond my skills.

I don't receive emails that notify me of updates to this thread but I will check in periodically and will respond if appropriate.
Improvements or suggestions welcomed but please try them yourself first to see if they have merit.
P.S.
Someone may be thinking of a using negative progression of some sort.. it will work and work well, but you're going to take a much larger drawdown. I've tested it using a D'Alembert.
I don't like the risk, I would rather employ the method across a large number of pairs.

http://www.xynafx.com/ Xynafx ... fund managers and forex signal service providers Minimum investment for our Forex managed Account service is $2k that will be managed individually in one investors account. XynaFx signals As low as $26 per Month.

Aug 23, 2011 08:14 pm
Sasha User

Profit factor 2.04
66% profitable
Avg. profit 2.87
Avg. loss 2.72

1 year of testing produced good results. But as u said its demo testing results. Maybe real acc results change due to difficult conditions.

Sep 02, 2011 05:49 pm

yes sasha that can be happend thats why the maximum drawdown limit is very low and keep in mind nat any single strategy goes perfect and give you great result i just do is to trade on very simple and average strategy and this type of average strategies give me good results in combine

http://www.xynafx.com/ Xynafx ... fund managers and forex signal service providers Minimum investment for our Forex managed Account service is $2k that will be managed individually in one investors account. XynaFx signals As low as $26 per Month.

Oct 01, 2011 02:21 pm
ironical User

So its a strategy without SL. Will u test it on a real account too? You have not mentioned its drawdown during demo testing.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Oct 16, 2011 05:01 am
newentry User

Originally posted by sadscorpion

Here's a very simple and easy method for E/U H1 and/or H4 if you can stay on top of it.
It will probably work on other trendy pairs.

I've been testing it and am going to demo on a basket of pairs next week.

Profit factor 2.04
66% profitable
Avg. profit 2.87
Avg. loss 2.72

1 Indicator: CCI 50, zero crossover. 
You could also use the Awesome Oscillator or a MACD histo zero crossover and achieve pretty similar results.
When CCI crosses above zero buy at the close of the bar.
When, at the end of a subsequent bar you have a profit, no matter how small, close the trade and take it.
Opposite for sells.
Stop and reverse when appropriate even if it means a loss.
NOW.. here's the "loss recovery" part.
This method works very well but you're going to get whipped sometimes and incur losses.
You will need to keep track of your highest equity point.
Please don't ask me how to do that.
If you don't understand go to BabyPips or figure it out, this is Forex 101 stuff.
If you've had some losses, just keep going and watch the close of each bar until you have met or exceeded your previous highest equity point. Eventually it will come when you hit a good trend. Take your profit and exit. Wait for the next signal.
That's it. 
NO STOPS! REPEAT: NO STOPS! Just an exit when the CCI turns unless you've already taken your profit. 

If you have an EA to close your trade at a set equity point it's a good idea, I would even recommend after a losing streak to close your trade after you hit breakeven.

Shouldn't be difficult to code an EA but it's beyond my skills.

I don't receive emails that notify me of updates to this thread but I will check in periodically and will respond if appropriate.
Improvements or suggestions welcomed but please try them yourself first to see if they have merit.
P.S.
Someone may be thinking of a using negative progression of some sort.. it will work and work well, but you're going to take a much larger drawdown. I've tested it using a D'Alembert.
I don't like the risk, I would rather employ the method across a large number of pairs.

i did with all time frames and they are very important

as i know high time frame is used for trend and small time frames is used for open position and it will be good if we take orders at small time frames who has same direction with high time frames

Jan 02, 2012 04:31 pm

Time frames can be changed according to our trading style. Results r good.

Has anyone tested it on a real account so far?

Stick to your rules

Jan 12, 2012 02:38 am
IPNDASNO User

Originally posted by uniquetrader

Time frames can be changed according to our trading style. Results r good.

Has anyone tested it on a real account so far?

sounds good for sure.  Can anyone lnk an account, whether demo or real so we can see the overall effectiveness in the real world.  Looking forward to it

Hopefully this isn't it - http://www.fxstat.com/en/performances/view/hedgesystem-6455

Page: 1