You are currently not signed in.

Please sign in or register.

Forums Suggestion Box Demo account details
Votes: +1
Status: New

Demo account details

Page: 1
Mar 12, 2013 05:06 am
#1
Jogi User

Posts: 685
Member since: 06/06/2011

There r a few demo accounts here trying to deceive people by showing exceptional returns over a short period of time. I think demo accounts should not be allowed to hide details. So that experts can analyse and give opinion on why those returns r exceptional and what r drawbacks if u use same strategy on a real account. 

There r some real accounts too with hidden details and maybe (or most probably) they r using maximum leverage on a very small account. But at least they r real.

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=wide&c=1&s=26883&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Mar 14, 2013 04:42 am
ironical User

Posts: 734
Member since: 22/04/2011

Originally posted by Jogi

There r a few demo accounts here trying to deceive people by showing exceptional returns over a short period of time. I think demo accounts should not be allowed to hide details. So that experts can analyse and give opinion on why those returns r exceptional and what r drawbacks if u use same strategy on a real account. 

There r some real accounts too with hidden details and maybe (or most probably) they r using maximum leverage on a very small account. But at least they r real.



Real account details can be hidden as they do not want it to be public. Same is the case with demo account. People may not want to show strategy but there is no poing in hiding initial deposit of a demo account. Closed trades should also be shown so that people know why a demo account is having high return rate.

The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus

Mar 15, 2013 08:23 pm

Posts: 939
Member since: 21/04/2011

No. I dun agree. Traders have the right to either hide or show account details. Return shown will always match the results of closed trades. It is not possible to manipulate closed trades results here on fxstat. Personally I dun like the idea of hiding but it is trader's right to hide or unhide.

Stick to your rules

Mar 18, 2013 06:35 pm
Champ User

Posts: 711
Member since: 17/05/2011

I think it will be violation of privacy terms. Even if it is a demo, strategy is something which needs privacy. 

http://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=tiny&c=1&s=24959&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=profitfactor

Mar 19, 2013 08:35 am
Sasha User

Posts: 836
Member since: 16/05/2011

I do not understand how demo account details fall under privacy category. There is nothing real in it. Even strategy, risk and money management controls used in it r not as good as they will be when trading on real account. 

Most of the times demo account performance is used to scam beginners. Only a few number of traders (Pro traders) sometimes test real strategies on demo but they do not lock things because they know there is no harm in it. So I think demo account details shouldnt be allowed to hide.

Mar 20, 2013 05:47 pm
Andi25 User

Posts: 13
Member since: 19/03/2013

I agree with you, because demo accounts are normal trading accounts, with the difference that they are not using real money. It is important that demo account will be transparant, because only so they can be useful and trustable.

Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

Posts: 18
Member since: 28/01/2012

Long time not opening FXstat

 

I used demo account to trade a year ago and now not continuing it. Only short duration. Feel free to connect with me. 

 

Best Regards, 

Mar 28, 2013 01:19 pm
Sasha User

Posts: 836
Member since: 16/05/2011

Originally posted by chancellor87

Long time not opening FXstat

 

I used demo account to trade a year ago and now not continuing it. Only short duration. Feel free to connect with me. 

 

Best Regards, 



This is a suggestion thread dear. Give ur opinion and not advertisement.

Mar 30, 2013 04:36 am
illiterate User

Posts: 561
Member since: 21/04/2011

I agree. When account is demo, then privacy is also demo in that case. So why hidden details. It gives them chance to deceive novice traders.

https://www.fxstat.com/widget/link?t=medium&c=1&s=25892&o1=growth&o2=drawdown&o3=monthly&o4=equity

Jun 09, 2013 07:22 am

Posts: 939
Member since: 21/04/2011

Originally posted by Sasha

I do not understand how demo account details fall under privacy category. There is nothing real in it. Even strategy, risk and money management controls used in it r not as good as they will be when trading on real account. 

Most of the times demo account performance is used to scam beginners. Only a few number of traders (Pro traders) sometimes test real strategies on demo but they do not lock things because they know there is no harm in it. So I think demo account details shouldnt be allowed to hide.



No demo account doesnt mean privacy is not there. I agree that scammers should be treated strictly. At the same time demo traders has the right to either show or hide details.

Stick to your rules

Page: 1